Iron absorption activators:
– foods with vitamin C (sauerkraut, bell pepper, cruciferous vegetables (however, do not eat raw food, cook al dente), kiwi, black currant, sea buckthorn, greens)
Vitamin C is not thermostable (up to 60 degrees Celsius and photosensitive)
✖️Iron absorption inhibitors:
– caffeine: coffee, tea, cocoa, energy drinks – 40 minutes after a meal;
– products rich in calcium (parmesan, sesame, pumpkin seeds);
– phytic acids (soak cereals and legumes well)
Where to find Iron?
Heme (of animal origin):
– red meat (beef, lamb, veal, pork);
– offal (liver, kidneys, hearts)
– fish or seafood;
Non-heme (plant origin):
– nuts; (washed)
– legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas)
– dark green leafy vegetables (spinach, parsley); (soaked)
🌸For girls. During the fourth phase of the cycle (menstrual), focus on products with Iron content.
We have added more helpful information to the free Proper Eating app for iOS and Android. It is a food diary and personal assistant that helps build a balanced and varied diet for those who want to change their shape or maintain fit.